Monday, April 1, 2013

These Are the Things I Think About.......

Preparing for the future - i.e. that moment in my life when I don't have any children at home that are dependent on me and my income and the moment I don't get child support anymore and will be living strictly on my own ability to make money. Let's be honest, as a single mom who didn't work full time once baby no.2 was here and then went back to work full time once I was divorced, I wasn't exactly able to just jump right back into the workforce and get a fabulous job. I had to work my way up the "corporate ladder". And while I have a great job, some of my friends who've worked all their lives would cringe to make what I make. The child support was a huge help when I was first divorced. Now it just makes things comfortable and I like comfortable.

So, enough about my finances - on to grandchildren. Yes, grandchildren. It not that I want them now, but I do look forward to the day my children get married and have their own families - in that order please. For the first time ever, all my older children have a significant other and seem to be very happy and compatible. But here is where my brain goes (after I see how happy and compatible they are) "I could end up with some amazingly beautiful grandbabies!" My kids are beautiful to begin with (bias much?? YES!) and then to pair them with someone who has beautiful features and is attractive. BINGO! I may hit the jackpot. And typing that all out just made me sound completely judgemental on the not so attractive people. Sorry 'bout that. Wasn't intentional. This is how my brain works. I didn't say it was politically correct.

My middle son has been with his girlfriend for about a year and a half, my oldest son has finally found someone that seems to be a great fit and my daughter just got into a relationship. I am in NO way rushing them or encouraging them to get married. More importantly, I just want them to be with someone that makes them happy and right now, they seem to have found those people and it's a good thing. That's all I'm sayin'! I do expect to have my fair share of grandchildren one day though. I don't care if it's 10 years from now or what, just not like within the next year. A lot of my friends are alread grandparents and some have been for a while. Mine will just be prettier and more beautiful!

I was looking at pictures of my kids and their significant others but then thought twice about posting them on here. I was also thinking what brought on this topic for my blog today. I was at a family wedding this weekend. This was the brother of the couple that got married in November. That bride was 19 and pregnant. This one was 20 and not pregnant but still....20. Now I can't really talk too much because I was 21, almost 22. I've heard the average age of first marriages now is like 27, which will probably be my kids. I guess, even though I was married at 21 and had my first baby by the time I was 23, three kids by the time I was 27, I am still amazed at how young people are getting married and having babies. I survived and they will too. My outcome wasn't so great with the divorce and all. I just hope these couples can survive and have a better start than I did.

I think I'm done rambling.....for now. Happy Monday. April Fool's Day. Whatever.
Pin It!

No comments: