Monday, December 26, 2011

It's that time of year again...

The most beautifully simple Christmas tree.

Yesterday was Christmas, 2011. It was a very simple and quiet day for us here in the Nobles' household. I was up at 6:00 to put the turkey in. *Note to self...next year, don't worry about getting up that early.* It was about 10:30 before a single child was stirring. The turkey was done, I had tried to go back to sleep to no availe and so there I was suddenly rushing because the next child up, Ben, reports that he needs to be at his new girlfriend April's house by 11:15 to do presents.

Now, this is very typical of Ben so I just put on my mom face and said, "You aren't eating here with us?" If he had just given me notice the day before I would have been more prepared. After deliberating and talking to April, he said he didn't have to be there until 1:15 now. Good, because we still had presents to open and I had side dishes to make and of course, I still wanted to make myself presentable.

All week this past week I was stressed about what I needed to get the kids and money and where we had to be. I just kept thinking, "This isn't what Christmas is about. I have to make a change in how this is handled next year." The only thing that made it easier was that I didn't have to deal with the kids going to the ex's house. They decided "not to do Christmas this year". Thank goodness! That's one hurdle I don't have to jump this year.

These events have made me realize that next year, there may be more girlfriend's, boyfriend's and friend's families to have to be with on this one day of the year. My beautiful children are getting older. They are starting to have lives of their own. There could very likely come a day when Christmas morning isn't spent at my house. This is just another adjustment in the life of being a parent. I will brace myself and be thankful and happy that these wonderful people that I have raised will have done what life intended them to do.....have a life of their own!

The most important thing for me will to always be able to have all of us in one room at the same time, no matter what the day. Just to be in the room celebrating family and the love of the Christmas season. If this happens for us in another month of the year, then that's the way it is. I just don't ever want to lose the feeling of family. Ever

So from our family to yours, Merry Christmas and may 2012 bring you the happiness, love and peace that you desire and may your hearts be constantly filled with Joy!


Michael, Alyssa, Jonathan and Benjamin say "Merry Chritmas everyone!"
Pin It!

No comments: