Monday, November 21, 2011

Very Proud 4th Generation Texan, Thank you very much....


Have you known someone who constantly complains about where they are living? Someone that is either not from the state or has lived here all their life and just won't move? There is more than one person "in my life", and I use that term very loosely, but none-the-less, they are in my world somehow.....anyway, they complain about living in Texas. Get out. That's all I ever want to say. Leave. There's the door. It opens and will hopefully not hit you in the ass on the way out. Why live here if you are miserable. Make plans to move, and the quicker the better, because this is my state and I am damn proud of it.

Yes, it gets WAY too hot in the summer and the weather is extremely unpredictable, but you should have read that in the brochure before you moved here. It's not a secret. Anyone who has lived here for any length of time can tell you that. It's joked about constantly. What's the saying? "If you don't like the weather in Texas today, just wait until tomorrow. It's bound to be different." This will cause allergies and colds that you never thought you were supposed to get (lovely "summer colds") but it comes with living in the greatest state in the United States of America.

Of my four children, my oldest has told me that he doesn't plan to live in Texas his whole life. It makes me a little sad, but I am always happy to have a place to go visit and people there who will want to see me coming. I will just always reside in Texas....well, unless some hunk of a rich man comes along and sweeps me off my feet once Jonathan is in college. Then, and only then, will I have any reason to actually move away from the state where I was born.

I actually live blocks from the house I lived in when I graduated high school and my ex-in-laws live in the same house they bought when they moved here from New York in 1971. My older kids have all graduated from the same high school as their father and I. To me, that is something to be very proud of. So to those of you who are miserable living where you are living, move or shut up about it already. No one cares and it just makes you look like more of an unhappy person than you already do. Thank you. That is all.
Pin It!

No comments: