Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Funny Thing Happened Over the Weekend


Last weekend I had an alone weekend for the first time in quite a while. With everything that's been going on with the kids and such, it was nice to have some peace and quiet. I had plans but when it came right down to it I just wanted to be alone.



It's been at least two years since I have put out any Fall decorations. It was so beautiful on Sunday that I decided I was ready to decorate once again. For all THOSE years, I was such the "decorate for every holiday" mom. I had decorations for everything and I had a nice, big house to put them in...all around, upstairs and down.  When I moved to the duplex, I downsized eventually and since then I've downsized some more. Now, I'm here with all my favorite Fall decorations. I can't even explain what it does to me to put it all out and see the transformation of my home.


The weather this summer has been one for the record books, literally. So, as it's been cooling off and I can open the back door and just enjoy the 80's, my mood feels so at peace. I have really needed it. My personal life had a big hiccup and I am on the road to recovery. The holidays and change in the weather are just the medicine I need.

Then, Sunday night I get a message on Facebook from a woman I don't know but who is starting to date the guy I just broke up with. This has turned into a very long conversation over several days. It has also been very affirming for me. At least I know he wasn't just like that with me. He's that way with all women. I wish I could take out a billboard and airtime and say, "Don't date this man!!" But alas, I can't. I don't know what's going to come with "them" but that's nothing I have concerned myself with. It just goes to show you that 1) people can do some crazy things to find you (she somehow found my blog and linked me to him) and that 2) people are people and the only one you have control over is yourself.

I vow to be a good, honest friend to all of my friends and the best mom in the world to my kids. HAPPY FALL!!
Pin It!

No comments: