Monday, July 11, 2011

A little more about Park City, Utah


(Some of this is repeat info) Not very often do I get to travel. This year has been the biggest year of travel for me, not that it's been great, exciting places, but I have gotten on a plane more this year than any other year. I should definitely take more advantage of my friend who works for American....or just plan travel time. The main trip this year was for work. We have a team meeting once a year. Our team is spread from Singapore, to Virginia, to Memphis, to Dallas, the UK and other remote offices. This is our one opportunity to see each other face to face. The organizers seem to try to give up great opportunities to stay at amazing places and see things we may not otherwise see. This year we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Park City, Utah. The hotel is breathtakingly beautiful.


This was the view from my room. I became very facinated with the mountains. The weather was perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. Like last year when we went to Colorado Springs, if the weather was like that most of the time this is definitley some place I would consider living one day. There isn't much around where the hotel is but the town is growing....and there's a shopping center not that far away - WITH a Wal-Mart.

We had activities that we had signed up for during registration. I chose the ATV tour - which I L.O.V.E.D. and decided immediately I needed my own ATV WITH a mountain. It was the most fun I had had in a very long time. The next afternoon, I was supposed to do the Olympic Gold Package that included a bobsled ride, two ziplines and an Alpine slide. It rained, however, and all we were able to do was the bobsled. That took forever because of the lightening. Every time it hit anywhere near us we had to wait 20 minutes. The ride went about 65 miles per hour in about 60 seconds. Yeah. I will never be doing anything like that again. I rode with two coworkers who are probably half my size and being the mom that I am, chose the back seat because I didn't want them getting thrown around. Yeah.....

Getting ready, lookin' tough!

This is us. I'm in the back, Andrea in the middle and Melissa up front.

All in all, it was an amazing trip and a great experience that I will never forget. It's so wonderful to work for a company that takes us to places like this. These are things I wouldn't do otherwise. I just don't know how to spend that kind of money. Maybe one day I'll learn.


Pin It!

No comments: