Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2011-What a year so far

First, let me warn you...I've found an app on my iPhone that let's me blog when I feel like it so I don't have to wait until it's convenient for me. We'll see how this goes.

I had fairly high hopes that 2011 was going to be my year. Yeah, well, apparently I was a bit too optimistic. I know. It's not even the end of February. But man has it been a rough two months.

One thing I've learned in my life is that just when you think things are going smooth, hold on. The rides not over yet. Without going into great detail, I have had the most trying time as a parent yet. I've experienced something I hope no parent has to ever experience. Everyone is alive and well but I questioned myself and my sanity there for a while.

As a daughter, I've had to see my dad through the death of his sister. The one he was so close to - which was very close to home considering my relationship with my brother. I've had to back off of any real relationship with my mother who I was very close to for many years. It is a decision that I can say with great certainty that I am peace with. There will come a day that she will no longer be on this earth and my memories of her will be wonderful.

Being single for seven years now, I've seen way more than I ever thought I would and been in more odd situations than I really cared to. From this though, I really feel that God has me on a path to do something great with everything I've seen and learned. Only time will tell.

When I hit rock bottom I will let you know. Until then I'm just hangin on the nearest ledge!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Andy said...

I totally hear you regarding Mary's passing. I thought about that and how much that much suck. Yeah, he's still got a spare, and she's pretty great, and he's got Lene, but there's nothing like that connection they had. They were very fortunate to have each other.