Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

A normal day around here is pretty much me getting up after hitting my snooze three to four times, get halfway ready for work, wake up Jonathan (but not Alyssa anymore since she has first period release and gets herself to school) make sure Jonathan is in the shower, finish getting ready for work, make sure to keep Jonathan on task so that we can get out the door some time between 7:15 and 7:30, drive him around the corner to the school crosswalk and then drive 25 miles (45 minutes) to work, work my full day, drive another 25 miles and 45 minutes back home and do whatever needs to be done that night.

This past week was way different. I hadn't used my floating holiday at work yet, was hoping for a half day on Wednesday and had Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. So, I decided this would be a good week to take some time for myself and just relax. The only day I worked was Tuesday, odd but it worked for me. One day a week - I could so handle that if I would still get paid what I get paid. Michael has been living in Forney for about a month and came home on Sunday and Ben came over on Tuesday night to spend the week at my house. I was so excited and sort prepared for a house full of my kids again. It's been a little while.

We didn't have any plans except that I was going to cook Thanksgiving lunch and then they were going to their grandparents to spend the day with their dad's side of the family. There was a lot of relaxing and a little bit of cleaning. Having them home just reminds me how life is a constantly changing process. It definitely makes me thankful for my children and gives me great hope that there will be a day of little grandbabies running around. I know that's a long way off and not something a lot of parents of teenagers are looking forward to, but I love babies, obviously. I want them to be ready for a family and when that time comes I will be ready to be a gramma.

But for now, this is what I deal with ----->
Pin It!

No comments: