Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ANOTHER Snow Day


It doesn't snow very often in Texas...or does it? Thursday, February 11, 2010, it started snowing at about 3:00 am and did not stop until Friday morning at about 2:00 am. We got over a foot of snow and I'm not talking about the icey crap we usually get. I'm talking good snowman building snow! I wish had more pictures of snowmen around the city, but I don't. This one was built by someone unknown to me at our apartment complex. We were sent home early from the office and I decided not to go in on Friday. I needed a break and this would give me a four day weekend. As beautiful as the snow was, the slush just about got to me. I would much rather be cold than hot, though.


This was taken by the mailbox to kind of give you an idea how much snow we got. I have seen some pretty snows here but not like this and not in a very long time. I don't know think this is the same snow that came from up north. It's just this crazy weather. There is a saying in Texas, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 24 hours. It will change." The worst part about all of this was that my laundry pile grew to probaby four times the normal size just because we aren't equipped at all to be out in this kind of snow. Every jacket and pair of gloves we have are cloth. I quit buying the big heavy coats many, many years ago. It makes me wonder if, now that the kids are probably about  done growing (except Jonathan) should we make that investment. I still think this was a complete flook and we won't be seeing this again for a very long time. But that's just me.
Pin It!

No comments: