Monday, December 14, 2009

What is Christmas Anyway?


This time of year always gets me to thinking about what I want for my future. Christmas is not about gifts at all to me. I do get the kids something, but my budget is small so it's not ever very much. This year, I haven't really asked what they want, although two of them have told me certain things. I am going more along the lines of being thoughtful and getting what I think they would like. We will see how that works out.

I have a few more vacations days and decided to take two extra days off before Christmas just to be together. Our lives are so rushed all the time. I want to just relax and hang out, play games and eat pizza in front of a movie...ease and peace. That is what I am looking forward to.

I received an email from a guy I go to church with. It contained about 12 different Nativity pictures. The one above is my favorite of the ones I was sent. Christmas should be about family, love, your faith and celebrating the birth of Jesus. It is not about all the commercial crap and buying gifts for people you hardly know.

So, remember this during the holiday season: appreciate what you have, love the ones you are with and be grateful for everything - good and bad.
Pin It!

No comments: