Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving, Family and Organization


Thanksgiving this year was my year without the kids. Every year that I am alone, I really never have any plans until the last minute. I can't ever decide if I want to do anything and I never seem to have someone significant, so I just accept that it's 4.5 days by myself to do whatever.

This year my friend, Kirsten, invited me to have lunch with her extended family, but then my dad invited me to come to his house with Lene, Uncle Mac and Aunt Ema. I definitely couldn't pass that up. I haven't seen my dad and Lene in a while and Uncle Mac and Aunt Ema are my favorite, so I definitely wanted to spend some time with everyone. I was sad that the kids weren't going to be there, but there is always Christmas time. We will make time then for sure.

I wish I had take a picture. I brought my camera and completely let the whole day go by without one picture being taken. I will not let that happen at Christmas. As you can see, I had to use the Normal Rockwell painting. It will just have to do. It was actually one of the best Thanksgivings that I have had in a very long time. I am realizing how important being with my family really is and how much I want my kids to know the family that I grew up with, minus one. Now that the kids are older, they will actually have memories of Aunts and Uncles and cousins of mine.

In short, it was a wonderful day, long weekend away from work where I was able to get my new house in order and spend time with family and friends. I hope you all had euqally as wonderful a time as I did and that you are very blessed this holiday season.
Pin It!

No comments: