Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow???


This is Texas and the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change." That is exactly what happened last Wednesday when I opened the door to the apartment when we were leaving for the day. It was that nice, wet snow that you know isn't going to stick around all day but it's fun to see falling from the sky. You can't tell it from the picture, but that is snow on my car and snow falling from the sky.

We aren't ever prepared for anything like this because it just happens maybe once or twice a year. Buying the gloves and jackets needed for this type of weather just isn't feasible anymore. I have one child who wants to run out and play in it. The other ones like to look at it but they don't like the coldness of it. This just makes me see laundry piling up when Jonathan runs out in his hoodie that gets soaked almost immediately....and I spoil it by demanding he get out of the wet snow!

When the kids were little, I would usually get a hand-me-down jacket or two from friends. This always worked well on snow days, but none of my kids have ever liked big jackets. Maybe it's because I don't like them either. I prefer to layer - always have. I can't imagine living some place like Alaska where you have to dress like this almost all the time. I do love wearing a scarf, which seems to be the new thing now. That's another post for another day.
Pin It!

No comments: