Monday, November 30, 2009

The Christmas Tree


Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I needed to pick up a new Christmas tree. We had a nice, big tree but I left it at the house because I knew I didn’t have a place to store it at the apartment and frankly, it was just too big.

Friday morning, Garden Ridge had a 6 ft. pre-lit tree on sale for $20 – or so I thought. As it turns out, they were on sale Saturday. What was on sale Friday was the same tree with no light for $10. I’ll take it! I knew, or hoped, that I had lights at home. As it turned out, I had four good strands out of the box and two in boxes, so I was all set. I got the tree set up and lights on before the kids got home on Sunday evening. I wanted to set aside time for them to decorate so that it would be done and ready for Christmas. Benjamin did protest a tad because it “wasn’t even December yet!!”

So here the kids are, putting decorations on the tree in the cramped little space that is the dining room. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I get a table and chairs. It was actually a lot of fun, more fun that it has been in the past. I didn’t have to wrestle with boxes and lights and getting the tree to stand up straight. I realized that, this hasn’t always been fun for me. It can certainly be a struggle when you are fighting unforeseen forces around you. Those times where it seems like nothing is going right and you just want to give up – it wasn’t like that this year.

Now, you would think that with three teenagers, it wouldn't be so complicated to get them to all just stand together in front of the tree to take a picture.....it is. They are just goofy...can't help it. You just gotta love 'em inspite of themselves.




The Nobles Family 2009
Pin It!

No comments: