Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Time To Move Forward




Almost 6 years ago, my kids and I moved out of the house where we lived and into the duplex I live in now. At the time, it was definitely a blessing - a safe place to go and be near family. The time has come for us to move on. I knew deep down that I would move again one day, I just didn't think it would be right now.

We are all excited and ready, but it will be a couple of more months before the move takes place. The home we are moving into won't be open until then, so we will spend the next few months purging, selling and giving away those things that do not need to go with us. One of the things going are the dogs. This is a bitter sweet thing for me. I wanted these puppies five years ago, but I can't take them with us. The pet deposit is not worth it to me. They will go back to the family who gave them to us. Their brothers and sisters are all together out in the country on an acre of land. I know they will be loved and they will go together. That is the most important thing for me.

I will keep you posted as to the progress of the move. In other news....the marching show is coming along very well. I have enjoyed a few evenings out at the stadium watching them play and march. Ben is really enjoying it - except for getting up early. He is not one to go to bed at a decent hour. Michael started his new job with our church this week. This coming Sunday will be his first Sunday to lead the worship in the morning. He is also working at Ashleigh's church doing youth worship on Sunday night. I'm just glad he's working again. School is scheduled for January now. Alyssa has been babysitting her future stepbrother this month. It's nice because she can take Jonathan with her,although he hates going over there. I can't leave him home alone all day. School starts on Monday and I am honestly very glad. It's so hard to work and know that your kids are home all day with nothing to do. One day it will be better, one day very soon.

Not much going on right now, but that will change. I promise to try to blog more often.
Pin It!

No comments: