Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend Alone #1


I have managed to keep myself extremely busy since the kids have been gone. It was nice to be out, not worry who was where and when I should be home. I just had to worry about myself. Sometimes that is enough for anybody!

Wednesday night was church and then getting the kids to where they needed to be. Michael and Ben went to their Gramma and Papa's house to spend the night with their cousin, Matt. They do this quite often. It's nice for them since they are all so close. Jonathan didn't take any legos, but he has Avery there, who is also 10, and so I am not sure if he will be back for legos later or not. I just made it real clear, in front of their dad, that I didn't want them just popping back in whenever they felt like it. I didn't want to come off as not wanting them around, but at the same time, when I am adjusting to being alone, I tend to get in the mind-frame that no one is here and no one will be coming over.

Thursday was work and more work. I left a little early because, let's face it, the next day was my July 4th holiday and I wasn't getting a single email or phone call after noon that day anyway. I went with my friend, Kirsten, to get a pedicure, have my eyebrows and mustache waxed and relax. I had a meeting at church that I was supposed to go to, but they were so busy at the salon that it took way longer than I had allowed for, so...next week. I will be there. (fingers crossed) Then I had nice evening plans with a new friend that lives in Arlington. We watched a movie and had a nice Greek dinner. The movie was "Taken" with Liam Nieson. It was very suspenseful and good, if you like that kind of movie, which I do. He hooked me on these amazing, sweet, pickled red pepper things. I am going to have to go to Kroger and see if I can find them.

Friday I slept in (love it!) and then went to get my hair done. My friend, Kirsten's, niece is going to cosmetology school at this place up the street. I have known her for a long time and thought I would let her work on this hair of mine. I don't know what to do with it anymore. I have it cut and I color it myself. I have wanted highlights for a while and since she is in school, it's a lot less expensive. So that was about four hours of my day, but it was worth it and I am happy to have that done and over with. That night I met a few friends for dinner at Bucca de Beppo. That place has the biggest portions and I can never eat my money's worth, but it was nice and always good to get out. Later, we went to a "honky tonk" bar in Grapevine so Ann Marie could dance. I was the table holder. It's always important to have a designated driver and a table holder. Especially after the sun goes down and people want some place to go listen to music on a Friday night. All three of us had to work the next day at Trader's so we weren't out late at all.

Saturday, July 4th - it is so SO hot here in Texas lately. I know it's July, but it is just like stifling hot. The air in the kitchen at Trader's wasn't moving, they were cooking these turkey legs and so it was just way too hot in there for me. Luckily, I only had to be there about 3 1/2 hours before they let me go. I did my share of complaining, otherwise they would have just kept me there for no reason. There was hardly anyone out there and believe me, they weren't eating anything hot. Later that evening, I went to Missy and Brad's to have dinner and think about if we were going to watch fireworks or not. I have them right behind my house and they are close to Arlington where they shoot off fireworks as well. We all decided to just go our seperate ways. I wanted to be close to my bed, knowing that they wouldn't start until 10:00 and that I wanted to go to bed immediately following the last hurrah. I am getting so old. I just sat there thinking, wow this is too bright! It's so loud! Just not as fun as it used to be, I guess.

Sunday was church in the morning and catching up on chores at home in the afternoon. Then, I took Alyssa for our one-on-one time. We went to see "My Sister's Keeper" at the Colleyville Movie Grill so we could eat and watch the movie, and let's be honest here, I wanted a beer, too. If you need a really good cry, go see this movie. I haven't cried like that since...well, it hasn't really been that long, but over a movie - it's been forever. Cameron Diaz was amazing as the mom and little Abigail Breslin - wow. There was such emotion through the entire movie. I don't know that I can go see it again, as much as I would suggest it to friends. i asked our server to bring extra napkins, one for me and one for Alyssa, because I had a feeling the tears would be coming. It was fun to sit and talk with her before the movie and then she came over to the house for a little bit afterwards. I wish I had more one on-one-time with them. I guess if I made it a point, I would, huh?
Pin It!

No comments: