Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June Has Come and Gone


I just can't believe today is the last day of June. What happened to the month? I just saw that I have only blogged twice. Sorry, not much has happened. It has been one month since Michael graduated from high school. Not a lot happened this month, nothing major, I guess. The picture above is of the youth worship team leading the Sunday morning worship at church the day before they all went to camp. That is Michael in the middle with the light blue tie and Ben on the drums...and all the other kids that I won't name right now.

The kids leave tomorrow night for a whole month. I can honestly say I don't really know how this is going to work out for me. We tried this once a few years ago and I didn't do very well. They were ok, but I really had a hard time when they came back. I can't just turn being a parent on and off. I am a parent 24/7 and when given the opportunity to not have to care for anyone, it's hard for me to come back from that. This time is a little different because Michael won't actually be going to his dad's. He will go visit and hang out now and then, but he will be sleeping at the house most of the time. At least I know I will see the older kids at church on Sundays and Wednesdays. This is one of those things that you just have to get through. Time will go by fast. It always does.

Welcome July. I believe this is actually the exact halfway point of the year. On to the last half now.
Pin It!

No comments: