Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back to Work


(Note: Random picture - yes. I like it. It's my brother, Andy, and me in New Orleans, circa 1982)

Monday was my first day back to work - same company, different position on a different floor - same building. It is great to be back to work, getting up every morning with a purpose. While it is great to be here, it has been a little on the frustrating side. My email is now on but I am not receiving any new emails. Here is the issue as I understand it:

When I was laid off in April, my email began to be forwarded to my former boss in case anyone had a question for me and didn't realize I was no longer working here. Now that I am back, they have me back in the system, but for some unknown reason, they can't just changed the forward on my email. It seems very ridiculous to me, but I am giving corporate IT the benefit of the doubt right now that they are overworked.

It was good to be off for four weeks, but I have found that I am very much a schedule person. I couldn't ever work from home on a permanent basis. I need a good reason to take a shower and fix my hair in the morning. Taking the kids to school isn't one of those good reasons. I tried to plan things each day, but that didn't always work out and then I would feel overworked at the end of the day. Once I knew I was going back, I decided to take some time for myself and just be lazy... i.e. taking a shower at 4pm because I couldn't stand myself anymore.


Benjamin has a band concert this Friday, his final junior high...better yet MY final junior high concert (for a few years anyway - whether Jonathan likes it or not!) I believe his ensemble is going to be performing that night, too. I will record it and post next week. Michael is wrapping up his senior year. Baccalaureate is on the 17th. Alyssa has decided to quit band and focus on her IB (International Baccalaureate) classes next year. Jonathan has Field Day on Friday and is getting used to walking home. That's a pretty short but thorough summary of what all is going on at our house. Oh! And we are getting new carpet on the 26th. I will definitely have to take pictures and post about that.

So more to come as the month progresses. I may be going to Memphis for training in a week or so. I'll let you know!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Andy Baker said...

And the random photo award goes to...