Friday, April 3, 2009

Pictures


I have always been in love with having professional pictures of my kids. Ever since Michael was maybe a month old, I had his picture taken every three months, school pictures, family pictures, anything professional I just loved it. This applies for Alyssa, Ben and Jonathan, too. It was just something I loved to do. Ever since the divorce and public school, it has wained just a little bit. There were times I probably couldn't afford gas in the car but I was not going to pass up buying school pictures, no matter what, good or bad, I wanted those pictures.


These pictures are from the yearbook photo session. They each did a picture in their uniform for the band yearbook and then they were allowed to do more pictures in casual clothes or together, like the top one. Every time I look at that picture of Michael and Alyssa together I hear her say "Mom that was creepy! Michael had to scoot right up next to me and wrap his legs around me!" It makes me smile. I know they love each other, but I can see where she's coming from.

If I had the room in my house I would have every single picture of all of my children from birth to present hanging all over my walls. Now, yes, some people do that and maybe when I am a little older I won't be so stingy with the wall real estate in my house. I just keep the larger ones current but I do have a lot of older pictures on the piano and bar area. Those are the casual ones. I love them all.

This is Michael's Senior picture for the yearbook and for my home. I just can't believe that he will be graduating from High School in less than two months. It gives me a greater appreciation for my children and how much I want them around all the time. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them. I can't imagine going a day without talking to them - ever. Life is so precious. i feel myself leading into another blog so I had better stop before I get carried away.

In case you were wondering, I haven't gotten Ben and Jonathan's school pictures back yet, but when I do I will post them too!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Andy Baker said...

Looking at that picture of Michael reminds me of looking at my senior picture when I was at my ten year reunion. The kid in my senior picture was so young - such a kid. And my hair! All that hair in that style that I had. The pic with the two of them is cute, but I can totally see where Alyssa's coming from. And your comment about having all the pictures up reminds me of "Widow for One Year" by John Irving.