Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Majestic Theater and BJH Band


Friday morning, I was supposed to be in Dallas at 8:00 am in the morning...actually, I was supposed to be in my seat in The Majestic Theater before that because the BJH Symphonic Band was performing in a competition at 8:00 am. Where was I? Stuck in traffic on 35 trying my hardest to get there. I was 15 minutes late and by the time I got in the building they were off the stage. I was disappointed but at least I tried and honestly, that's all Ben wanted - to know I at least tried.

Ben had mowed a lawn the day before and earned $40 to take with him to the Galleria on Friday. The band spends the day there, ice skating and running around having a great day being teenagers. This is Ben's last year (and my last year) of junior high for another 2 years. He will be going to high school next year. When I think that I have made it this far, I take a deep breath. It feels good to have three of my four kids out of junior high and one bringing up the tail. Life has been really good to us as a family, through all of the ups and downs, we are a happy bunch, me and the kids. I love them and they love me. I can't ask for more.

What a cutie! He has taken the first part of driver's ed and as soon as he turns 15 he will go to the DPS and take the test to get his driver's permit. That will happen on May 27th. I have taken him to the school parking lot to drive around a little bit and he is very comfortable behind the wheel. He credits it to driving golf carts from a very early age. I think he told me the other day that he was like 30 out of 288 in his class?? Now, when he is combined with Central and Hurst Jr. High next year it will be different, but his GAP is over 4.0 which is because of pre-AP and was unheard of when I was in high school. My kids amaze me every day!
Pin It!

No comments: