Friday, March 27, 2009

Opportunities Lay Ahead



This is where I would love to be right now. Not only is it beautiful, it's near my brother. I do envy him quite a bit, especially lately. For quite a while, he has sort of been able to work where and how he wants to work and he writes, really well. Now he may dispute this, but it's true. He has it really good in Amsterdam. He has a husband that truly loves him and supports him in his endeavors, and I love them both so much. I want to go be near them and forget what is going on around here.

Yesterday was the big day at work for me. I got a "letter" stating that they had (and I'm paraphrasing because I really didn't read much - just saw the last day I would be working there) eliminated my position and that April 6, 2009, would be my last day. I love my job. I love the people I work with and for. The thing that hurt me the most was knowing that I have never in my life enjoyed a job so much and enjoyed the people I work around are so great. We care about each other and we are friends outside of work. Will I have that again? Sure, you can say yes, but honestly, it is not normal to have such a wonderful job and work environment. I know it wasn't based on performance (Let's be honest. I am great at my job! LOL) but more about the reorganization of the company that has been coming for a long time.

If you read this very often, you know that I have been preparing for change. I just didn't know it was going to be like this and be so quick. They will have job posting on April 1, so I will apply for whatever I can. This is just an opportunity to either do something different or better. I have a very small list of things that I would LOVE to do, but I need to make money, so I have to look at something realistic. I am believing that something will be for me in those 40 jobs and I will only be out of work for a couple of weeks.

It was hard to tell my kids. I had mentioned the possibility to the older kids, but having to tell Jonathan that I was going to take him out of Extended Day for a month or more was hard. We will be fine. I just have to walk this walk and show them that I know that God hasn't brought us this far to just let us go. He saw me through when I was first divorced. Everything we have is because of Him. There are a multitude of opportunites for all of us ahead. This is just the beginning.
Pin It!

No comments: