Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Saturday in the life of ME


Let's start with last night. I picked Ben up from his dad's and took him immediately to Trinity High School for his 9th grade All-Region Band rehearsal, came home, checked on mom, waited for Alyssa to get ready to go to her church retreat this weekend (she was 40 minutes late already and we hadn't left the house), came back home, dusted at mom's a little, left to get Ben and found out I was 30 minutes early so Jonathan and I waited in the car at which point I just became too tired to think straight, went home and went to bed.

This morning my alarm went off at 7:00 am. Ben had to be back to the school at 8:00. Luckily, when we were getting dinner from Sonic last night we parked next to his friend's parents who struck up a conversation and asked if we would be interested in trading off. She offered to take this morning. I was happy about that even though I had to get up anyway. I picked the boys up at 11:30, got them some lunch and took them to his friend's house so his dad can take them back at 1:00. The concert was at 4:00 that afternoon.

We come home. Michael takes my car for the evening. I am washing the new sheets that I bought for mom in a bed-in-a-bag set that I found at Wal-Mart and now I am waiting for them to dry. I also bought a curtain rod and two full flat sheets that I am going to make into curtains. Eddie should be home later tonight so that we can hang them up. For the first time in forever, she doesn't have boxes blocking the front window of her room and she feels like the whole neighborhood can see in her room even though she knows they can't. She doesn't even have the blinds open. But I want her to be confortable, so I am hanging curtains. She requested and it's the least I can do.

I am so proud of my kids - so proud I can't stand it some times. They are just the most important thing in my life. They are all so incredible and to think that I had the smallest part in raising them just overwhelms me some times. I am glad I am a mom. It makes me happy.
Pin It!

No comments: