Thursday, November 6, 2008

UIL State Silver Medalist

The last few days has been an emotional rollercoaster for me and I think for my kids, too. We have traveled to San Antonio twice in the last 4 days. That alone will wear you out. Two competitions with completely different rules and outcomes. The performances were both amazing. On Tuesday, November 4th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, L.D. Bell was named the UIL State Silver Medalist. L.D. Bell has now placed first or second only in the State Marching Contest for a decade. Since 2000 the Blue Raider Band has now medaled at UIL & BOA events 23 times... with this acheivement level, L.D. Bell stands alone. Out of about 500 bands competing state wide starting with Regionals, LD Bell came in second. That isn't bad at all! The shows just seem to get better and better each time I see them, which is really how it's supposed to go. We have the Bell vs. Trinity football game tonight and then the band will practice on Friday and Saturday nights with a Community performance at Pennington Field at 9:15 in uniform. If you are in the area, you should come out and see the show that the band will perform next week in Indianapolis

The band will leave on Wednesday afternoon and head to Indianapolis on busses. Chris and I plan to leave on Thursday. We are flying stand by so I'm not sure when we will get there, but hopefully it won't be too late. I am so proud of all of the band kids and how hard they work. I have some new pictures, and while they may all look the same to you, I will try my best to post ones that show better angles or more close up shots.
Pin It!

No comments: