Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

I just realized that it has been a week since I blogged. That is very likely due to the fact that it has been a whirlwind week. I worked and the kids had school Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday the kids were out of school but I worked a half day. I thought I would be able to get out just a little earlier, but as it goes, I worked right up until noon, went to have lunch with Chris (he works on the other side of Dallas and I haven't had the chance to go see him during work before) then came home and just took inventory of my house and schedule and started in on things to do. Ben came over that night and we just hung out and watched a movie on TV and did laundry.

Thanksgiving morning, I got up and started making a few breakfast dishes. We planned on having brunch about 11:00 just to tide us over until we went to Chris's parent's house for dinner that night. I made a breakfast pizza and sopapia cheese cake, croissants and sausage. It was a lot of fun, just me, Chris, the kids and mom sitting around talking. Then came the time to rest and veg and cook for dinner that night. It was very enjoyable to be with a large, happy family this year. Cathy's husband had to work, but her younger two daughters and my kids were there. It was definitely a full house.

Yesterday was full of running around and two basketball games. Ben is on the 9th grade B Team this year. They had a tournament out at Western Hills High School this weekend. The first game was at 9:30 yeasterday morning. They played again at 1:30 and again this morning at 10:40. They won the first game and lost the last two, which knocked them out for any type of win. Ben was very disappointed as he is very competitive and takes it on himself if his team looses. The kids went to spend some time with their cousin's yesterday since the girls are in town from New Mexico. That opened up an opportunity for Chris and I to go spend time with my best friend Missy and her boyfriend Brad. It is something I haven't been able to do and really enjoyed it! We played a dice game called L C R, which was fun. We played with quarters and I won - $3 - but I won!

I finished up the laundry this morning, but of course, there is always more where that came from. I really have to get on the ball and keep up twice a week instead of stressing out to get it done on the weekend. All in all it has been a great weekend and I have enjoyed being able to relax and go at my own pace (sort of) and just have lots of time to get everything done before I go back to work.

Monday I have jury duty so I will let you know how that goes! :)
Pin It!

No comments: