Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Busyness

October is shaping up to be an incredibly busy month for us. I feel like I have been running non-stop since I got back from Amsterdam. We have the rescheduled March-a-Thon across Bedford this Saturday. If you are in the area and want to come out, check out the LD Bell Band Website and the Route Map. It's going to be a lot of fun and the weather is going to be beautiful! My friend Chris and I are going to walk it. We may need the EMT by the time we get to the Jr. High, but it will be fun and I will be able to take lots of pictures.

We have a heavy competition load this month as well. On October 11, we will be going to Houston for the Bands of America Regional Championship and I am really looking forward to this. We haven't been to Houston before (well for competition) and after Hurrican Ike, I hope it's not too devastating. Then we have a couple of competitions in the area. Luckily, they are at our stadium, so we won't have to travel or sit all day in a stadium. We have UIL State competition this year, so that adds to the travel schedule.

Ben is leading worship in the Bedford Jr.High FCA group on Tuesdays and playing drums on the youth worship team. I am amazed at how musically talented my kids are.


Ben playing his guitar.

Michael playing his guitar.

So, I also have to show you how things change. When I was in high school, you did a single mum for homecoming your sophomore year, a double for a junior and triple for a senior. These are a few examples of what they do now.


This is Brittany and Alyssa. Britt's mum isn't as huge as Michael's dates, but look how it hangs around the neck! I am so glad Alyssa has no interest in homecoming. These things are ridiculously expensive.


And this is Michael and Brittany. Look at his ARM mum. Man. I am glad I didn't have to make that or pay for it.

And I want to end with this. I'm glad my kids are growing up, but there are days where I want to go back to this:

Pin It!

No comments: