Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Amsterdam and The Wedding

I am sorry I am just getting around to writing this. It's been a little hectic since I got back from Amsterdam on Sunday night. The trip was so amazing. The wedding was beautiful. I am so thankful that I was able to go and be there for Andy and Fred. I don't want to repeat everything for those of you who might read Andy's blog as well, so I will give you my perspective.



Andy picked me up from the airport and this is what we came home to. Isn't that sweet?! They think their neighbor did it because it wasn't there when he left.

Patty met us at the apartment a little after I got there and the four of us went to Papabubble, because that's one of the things I wanted to do with Andy while I was there. It was so much fun! The guy there was giving us samples of pretty much any type of candy we were looking at possibly purchasing. As I always am, I had to pick out four different bags of candy for each on of the kids. After Patty made her purchase, we realized that there was some sort of amount that you cross and the you get a FREE bag! They are 4.95 Euro each and I will take anything for free.



We did a little more walking around and then went back to the apartment to have a snack and possible nap before getting ready for the wedding. I was hungry, but apparently more tired, because when we returned to the apartment, I decided to lay down while Patty was at the grocery store getting bread and cheese. At 2:00 pm, I woke to Andy kicking my bed to wake me up because apparently knocking on the door, opening it and calling my name didn't work. I was sleeping GOOD! So we get ready and everyone shows up so we can walk to the Hilton Amsterdam together and get on the boat.



This is the boat with Fred standing outside waiting.

The wedding was very touching and beautiful. Andy was very emotional, which I just loved. I teared up as he was saying his vows. You could just feel the love in the boat, the love between Andy and Fred and the love we all have for them.



At this point in my blog, you may want to visit Andy's blog to get a better story with all the correct lingo. We had a wonderful, five course meal and a time of catching up. I spent the night at Venessa's,which was so nice! She is a friend of Andy's and I am so glad I got to meet and get to know her.



Here we are having Poffertjes. Me, Andy, Patty, Venessa, Fred and Bob. After breakfast we did lots of shopping and walking and shopping. I picked up some fun gifts for the kids and friends and family. Venessa and I separated from the group and went and did our own thing and then met back at the apartment for the amazing Thai dinner that Andy and Fred cooked. After dinner, we played a game called Celebrity. If you know me well, you know that I am not a competitive person. However, if my brother calls it, apparently I turn into a competition beast! It was girls against guys and the girls won by a very narrow margin, but nevertheless, we won!!



Words really can explain what a great trip this was. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful brother and now brother-in-law!! And a great group of friends. I will never forget this trip.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Andy Baker said...

I'm so glad you were here for the wedding. It meant a lot to me and Fred. (And I'm so glad you figured out how to link to other webpages!) I hope next time you come through, you can stay longer. I miss you already. Love, Andy